• Instagram
  • Youtube
  • Blackboard


Korea University International Summer Campus

Visa & Insurance

only for students taking in-person class




Students are responsible to obtain the correct type of visa before entering Korea to participate in KU International Summer Campus.


Students do not need to obtain a student visa if their nationality (Citizenship) has a visa waiver agreement with Korean government.


Please check K-ETA website for more details.


If not, students must visit the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate to obtain a D-2-8 Short-term Student Visa or C-3-1 Short-term Visiting Visa.


Eligible applicants who complete paying the application fee, tuition fee, and submitting the required documents will receive the supporting documents for visa application by KU ISC office.


The soft copy of the following documents will be sent to the applicant's email address.


D-2-8 Visa Application Procedure
  • Send an email to isc@korea.ac.kr to request Certificate of Admission (CoA)
    • The Certificate of Admission (CoA) is a mandatory document that students must submit to the Korean Embassy or Consulate in order to obtain a D-2-8 VISA.
  • Please fill out the form provided by KU ISC and submit it along with the required documents.
    • Issuing CoA and obtaining VISA is time-consuming process. So, please prepare required documents an early as possible.
  • If there is no problem with the documents, the CoA and business registration documents will be sent to your email within 2-3 weeks.
  • Visit nearby Korean Embassy or Consulate Office with documents below.
    • Documents Provided by KU ISC Office
      1. 1) Letter of Acceptance
      2. 2) Certificate of Admission
      3. 3) Academic Calendar of the KU ISC Program
      4. 4) Certificate of Business Registration of KU
  • All other documents must be prepared by the students themselves. The required documents for D-2-8 visa issuance vary depending on the embassy or consulate. Please check in advance.


C-3-1 Visa Application Procedure
  • For students who require a C-3-1 visa to participate in the International Summer Campus, please apply at the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate.
  • ISC office cannot issue a Letter of Guarantee(신원보증서) to ISC participants. If you need such document for obtaining a C-3-1 Visa, please apply for a D-2-8 Visa instead.




  • Student MUST purchase their insurance that covers your stay in Korea and submit insurance document to ISC Office via email.
  • Purchasing insurance is not necessary for Korean citizens covered by national health insurance.
  • If your home school offers free insurance for study abroad, you can be exempted from submitting insurance documents. In that case, proof of the school-provided insurance is required (such as a screenshot, email capture with the responsible person, etc.).